Iris Vineyards Takes Top Honors at Oregon’s McMinnville Wine Classic
The McMinnVille Wine & Food Classic this week announced the winners of its January 8 competition of Oregon-based wines, giving top honors to Iris Vineyards based in Southern Willamette Valley.
The wine competition leads into the consumer festival scheduled for March 11-13, with both events serving as fundraisers for the McMinnville’s St. James School.
As one of the largest Oregon-only wine competitions in the state, the wine competition is organized and staffed by volunteers and has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for programs for the school’s children. Wine industry luminaries from around the nation traveled to be part of the panel, including authors, columnists, educators, buyers, and judges.
Iris Vineyards took the top honors in this year’s competition, with its 2020 Pinot Gris receiving the first ever Best of Show. The complete list of winners include:
- Best of Show – Iris Vineyards 2020 Pinot Gris
- Best White Varietal – Iris Vineyards 2020 Pinot Gris
- Best Red Varietal – Melrose Vineyards 2015 Syrah
- Best Pino Noir – Cubanismo Vineyards 2016 Estate Pinot Noir
- Best Red Blend – K & M Wines 2019 Treble
- Best Chardonnay – Cardwell Hill Cellars 2020 The Bard Chard
- Best Sparkling Wine – 40:30 Wines 2018 Blanc de Noir
- Best White Blend – Chris James Cellars 2020 Cuvee Blanc